Do you have tamper-resistant receptacles (TRRs) installed in your home to protect your children and grandchildren?
- Nearly one-third of parents with young children do not have their outlets childproofed.
- 86 percent of parents who childproof their outlets use plastic outlet caps.
- 40 percent agree that plastic outlet caps could be removed by toddlers.
- 44 percent are not familiar at all with TRRs.
- 61 percent who have TRRs said they were already installed before they moved into the home.
Why are TRRs preferred over other outlet protection?
- 100 percent of all 2-4 year olds were able to remove one type of plastic outlet cap within 10 seconds in a study by Temple University.
- Outlet caps may pose as a choking hazard.